Grow #2 Summary Page

Thanks for visiting If you are reading this page you likely found a URL or scannable QR code on something produced from this grow that I gave away to friends, family and people I’ve met within the local Boston homegrow community. The goal here is to have a nice Internet landing-page with grow details, pictures and (eventually) lab testing results from each grow. Then I can put the URL on any preroll, edible or rosin that I produce and people will have a reference site to visit if they want more details.

Read More
|

Grow 2: freaky clones

Not the original plan … For Grow #2 I was supposed to run a different set of seeds. However all 10 attempts to germinate from this seedpack failed. Really happy I took panic cuttings from the last set of plants while they were in late-stage flowering status. Without those freaky cuttings I’d have lost a couple of weeks of wallclock time. Look at this crazy cutting, there are actually buds on it!

Read More
|

Grow 1: Squish!

Making rosin from my own crop! Took about 7 grams of the smaller popcorn buds from my first grow (strain: black cherry cheescake) and ran them through the rosin press. The seedpack that started it all No pictures of the process but here are some pics from the resulting collection. It smells, tastes and dabs great.

Read More
|

Grow 1.5: Cloning

Panic Cloning Experiment Towards the end of grow #1 I went against all of the standard advice and took cuttings from some of my known-female plants that were several weeks into flowering. This was essentially a panic move to preserve genetics as well as have some known-good female plants in case my attempts to germinate new seeds failed. You know what? My seeds failed to germinate. Tried to pop 7 different Dragon Kush x Grape Ape seeds from the same source and NONE of them germinated.

Read More
|

Grow 1: Harvest!

Grow #1 Complete The 5 remaining plants were harvested after roughly 60 days of flowering. I did a rough wet trim while the plants were still in their smart pots and then cut each one down and ran it through a 3-bucket "bud washing" process where each plant was dunked into a cleaning bath of water, baking soda and lemon juice. After the wash, the buds were dried in a drying rack for 7 days before a second trimming session.

Read More
|

Grow 1: Week 9: Update

5 Female Plants Remaining So far the grow has been operating for about 70 days and the plants have been in bloom/flower phase on a 12:12 light cycle for about 4 weeks. Last week I culled a healthy female to bring the total count down to 5 plans. This allowed me to move the smart pots into individual saucer bases while leaving more room for the final stages of growtg and flowering.

Read More
|

Grow 1: Week 8: budbath, II

And now there were 5 … So far the grow has been operating for about 63 days and the plants have been in bloom/flower phase on a 12:12 light cycle for about 3 weeks. After re-arranging the grow closet I realized that I still needed to cull at least one more healthy female plant. Cut down the smallest one with the least amount of flower growth but it was still very sad!

Read More
|

[Rosin Tech] 1st attempt: Pressing Hash

Word has gotten around our local Boston cannabis gardening club regarding the press setup I've been working on. People also know that I have limited "material" in which to run through the press in order to learn proper technique and have been generous in offering their own stuff . Just to be VERY CLEAR: I've been pressing legal quantities of other people's material in order to learn and experiment, all extracted concentrate goes back to the owner and no money or product changes hands.

Read More
|

Grow 1: Week 7: budbath

Female Marijuana Massacre! So far the grow has been operating for about 56 days and the lants have been in bloom/flower phase on a 12:12 light cycle for about 18 days. The big news is that either I got super lucky with my seeds and only germinated 1 male plant out of 11 – OR the source of my seeds provided feminized seed packs instead of what they described as “unsexed”.

Read More
|

Grow 1: Week 6: 1st Male Cull

So far the grow has been operating for about 49 days and 11* potted plants have been in bloom/flower phase on a 12:12 light cycle for about 11 days. Supposedly 2-weeks into flower is when it becomes "easy" to sex the plants. Seeing very rapid growth. This was the first week I was able to positively identify and cull a male plant that was developing pollen sacs.

Read More
|